The Director is in charge of the general management and further development of the organisation. They work towards realising the vision and mission of ENORB on the basis of ENORB statutes and a mandate from the Board. They supervise the implementation of the ENORB Strategic Plan and annual work plan, as approved by the Board, and the preparation of the next year’s work plan, and reports to ENORB’s Board and Chair on progress.
The Director is responsible for building an organisation that can implement the organisation’s strategy and annual work plan efficiently and effectively. The Director is the most important interface between the Board and the Staff. They are the internal leader of the organisation, and supervises the work of other officers. They also oversee the financial management of ENORB, in close cooperation with the Treasurer, and Administration Officer, including fundraising, especially with funders.
The Director identifies problems, develops solutions and works actively with the Board. They bring relevant information to the attention of the Board so that the Board can perform its role of strategic leadership and main directions of the organisation’s work. The responsibility of the Director is to align the organisation, internally and externally, with ENORB’s strategic vision, maintaining the balance between internal and external initiatives (eg funded projects) needed for an effective organisation.
They also represent the organisation externally, along with board member(s) where appropriate, especially with the European Institutions, and oversees the development of ENORB as a European network with member organisations in all EU member states.
- To oversee the implementation of the strategic goals and objectives of the organisation and the annual work plan;
- To oversee the general management of ENORB in Brussels, including monitoring the performance of staff;
- External representation of ENORB, with a special focus on EU work and advance the policy and advocacy efforts
- Overseeing financial management and administration;
- Fundraising and grant management and reporting
- Collection of strategic information to advance the organisation’s mission and objectives and to promote growth as an organisation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chair or the Board.
Person Specification – general requirements
- Good leadership, organisational and team-playing skills;
- Knowledge of European diversity, especially the religion and belief context;
- Knowledge of European human rights frameworks and of campaigning for equal rights for all;
- Experience in organising international meetings, including in diverse political and cultural contexts, on controversial issues and handling any conflict which may occur;
- Experience in general, financial, and office management;
- Experience in fundraising, including developing applications;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to speak, write and draft documents in English, French, and if possible, other European languages.
The Director reports to the Board and the ENORB Chair.
Line management duties
The Director manages:
- Project manager
- Administration and Finance Officer
What we offer
Current core funding for ENORB’s work enables full time position, with employment benefits which include 13th month, meal vouchers, 30 paid days leave per year and reimbursement of public transportation to come to the office. The contract will be set for a year, with possible extension. The application will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The position should start in early October.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Name_Surname_DirectorApplication” in one document, before September 24 at 18.00 CET. Only short-listed candidates will be invitate for a written test and interviews.
ENORB wishes to offer equal opportunities, candidates from all background are encouraged to apply, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs and class. Also, the office is accessible to wheelchairs. However, unfortunately we are not yet in a position to sponsor a work permit.