The European Network on Religion and Beliefs has built an active civil society platform of different religions, beliefs and convictions to combat discrimination and hate crime, especially against minorities, and promote EU fundamental rights and freedoms. We facilitate dialogue between Religion and Belief traditions of all kinds at European and local levels, and support development of similar networks across Europe. As one of the EU Equality Networks, we support intersectional initiatives to promote a culture of non-discrimination on all grounds. ENORB is a membership-based organisation, with 45 full members and over 100 adherents across Europe.
Purpose of the position:
ENORB is seeking a full-time intern for a period up to 6 months, starting in September 2020. They will assist the director on the advocacy works on anti-discrimination and Freedom of Religion and Belief
- Monitoring French speaking medias outlets on hate speech, under the Get the Trolls outs project
- support the advocacy work on Anti-Discrimination
- drafting the monthly newsletter
- secretariat for the board meetings
- Support the drafting of our next Strategical Planning 2021-2023
- currently enrolled in master degree or recently graduated, in relevant subject (political sciences, sociology, anthropology, economics…).
- Experience in Anti-Discrimination
- Fluent in English, proficiency in French
- Good analytical, writing and communications skills in English; ability to communicate new and complex concepts logically and effectively (essential);
- Policy experience (desirable).
- Literacy in Mailchimp
All candidates are encouraged to share all relevant experiences, paid and voluntary, skills and qualifications.
What we offer
The intern will be offered a fixed monthly fee/compensation of 215EU per month and reimbursement of public transport.
ENORB wishes to offer equal opportunities, candidates from all background are encouraged to apply, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs and class. Also, the office is accessible to wheelchairs. However, unfortunately we are not yet in a position to sponsor a work permit.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and a cover letter, in one document, to email@example.com, with subject: internship+ name
By the September 21, 2020
Short listed candidates will be contacted by September 23 to arranged an interview an online interview. All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application (for full application, correctly submitted).